THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN VOLUNTEERING AT BARCS!
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
BARCS is always interested in expanding our volunteer community. No matter what skill or expertise you have, all BARCS volunteers do share one thing – the desire to make a difference.
We have many volunteer opportunities, making it easy for individuals and groups to become involved!
- You must provide proof of medical insurance.
- BARCS highly recommends volunteers be up-to-date on tetanus vaccination, however this is not a requirement.
- You must be 18 years of age to volunteer independently in the shelter. Those ages 16-17 are also permitted to volunteer independently in the shelter, but may be restricted to certain tasks. Those ages 13-15 are permitted to volunteer in the shelter, but must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian at all times, and may be restricted to certain tasks. Anyone under 13 years of age cannot volunteer in the shelter, but can still help BARCS through at-home tasks, passing out BARCS literature in your community, etc.
- If interested in handling animals, you must be able to donate at least 8 hours per month for at least 6 months. (Short-term volunteering and one-day service projects are acceptable, although animal handling is not permitted in these instances).
- Hours open for volunteering: 8:30am-6:30pm M-F; 8:30am-4:30pm Sa-Su; 7:00am-3:00pm Holidays.
HOW TO BECOME A VOLUNTEER:
- Review the GENERAL REQUIREMENTS and VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES.
- Click here to fill out Fill out the Volunteer Application Form. You can also fax it to 410-783-6266 or hand deliver or mail it to 301 Stockholm St. Baltimore, MD 21230.
Upon review, applicant may be contacted with “New Volunteer Orientation” dates. Orientation is designed to provide you with an overview of the shelter, including history and statistics, volunteer opportunities, general safety protocol, our expectations, and more. A tour of the shelter is offered as well.and your interest!
- Upon completion of orientation, you will be trained in your areas of interest before working independently.
If you have any questions, please contact Laura Griffiths, Volunteer Manager, at Volunteer.BARCS@gmail.com.
Again, thank you for your interest in helping the animals of BARCS!!