Purchasing a license is like taking out an insurance policy – if your pet ever
gets lost, it can help ensure they’ll find their way home. As if that weren’t
reward enough, it also helps provide for all the animals that aren’t lucky
enough to have a home because, as of July 2013, 100% of the proceeds go directly toward
caring for the animals at BARCS.
To purchase a pet license tag or to look up a tag of a lost pet, click here.
Annual Pet License Fees
To purchase any pet license, you must provide proof of a current rabies vaccination.
- $30.00 – without proof of spay/neuter
- $10.00 – with proof of spay/neuter
- $15.00 – owner over 65 years of age without proof of spay/neuter
- $5.00 – owner over 65 years of age with proof of spay/neuter
- $1.00 – replacement of lost license
- No fee – assistance dog
- A new Lifetime License is now available for $100.00. This pet license is good for the life of the animal and is nontransferable. To purchase a Lifetime License, you need to have proof of a current rabies vaccination, proof of spay/neuter, and proof of a microchip.