BARCS Wish List
SANTA PAWS IS COMING TO TOWN!
Santa Paws is BARCS’ first-annual holiday donation drive. We are asking friends and supporters (families, groups, offices) to collect donations for the homeless dog and cats at our shelter from now to December 30. Here's how you can get started to help Baltimore's homeless pets:
Download the special Santa Paws Holiday Wish List (PDF) or visit one of our various collection locations to get a wish list and/or item “tag.” Go shopping (either at the store or even in your own home) and bring donations back to BARCS or one of the following collection sites. You can also decorate your own giving tree with our printable Wish List Tags (PDF, 18 pages).
BARCS Animal Shelter (Please see hours below)
- 301 Stockholm Street, Baltimore, MD 21230
Blue Pit BBQ and Whiskey Bar (Drop off your items and stay for a free drink!)
- 1601 Union Ave, Baltimore, MD 21211
PNC Bank at McHenry Row
- 1603 Whetstone Way, Baltimore, MD 21230
Pet Valu at the Rotunda (Buy Santa Paws items here!)
- 711 West 40th Street, Baltimore, MD 21211
Pet Valu at Southside Marketplace (Buy Santa Paws items here!)
- 895 East Fort Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21230
Pet Valu Mount Vernon (Buy Santa Paws items here!)
- 1209 N. Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21201
Pet Valu at Quarry Lake (Buy Santa Paws items here!)
- 2570 Quarry Lake Drive, Baltimore, MD 21208
To become a public drop-off location, please email Tami Gosheff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join us on Wednesday, December 7 at Blue Pit BBQ to kick-off the Santa Paws Holiday Donation Drive! Bring an item from our wish list and receive a FREE drink compliments of our buddies at Blue Pit BBQ. This is a family and group friendly event! Bring your kids, bring your office mates, bring your friends. Food and drink specials from 6 - 9 p.m. Invite your friends on Facebook!
Caring for our animals requires a lot of time, love, money, and supplies. Listed below is BARCS “Wish List” of supplies needed. You can also donate items from our Amazon Wish List. If you donate an item through Amazon, please let us know (Amazon sends it to us anonymously) so that we can properly acknowledge your contribution, by emailing your full name, address and item purchased to email@example.com.
Donating wish list items helps us with the day-to-day care of our animals and supports our operational needs.
Items can be dropped off during the following hours:
- Monday - Friday from 10:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday from 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
You can find directions to the shelter on our Directions page. Remember, even used items can help our animals. All donations are tax deductible.
TOYS & ENRICHMENT
- Kongs (Large and XL)
- Nylabones (Large and XL)
- Catch interactive feeder for dogs
- Chuck-it balls (large)
- Kong Goodie Bone
- Feliway spray
- Stretch and Scratch box for cats
- Feather wand toys
- Reflective mobiles/wind chimes
- Realistic/felt mouse toys (no cat nip)
- Automatic laser pointer
- Catch brand interactive feeder for cats
FOOD & TREATS
- Dog/puppy food – Dry and wet (unopened)
- Cat/kitten food – Dry and wet (unopened)
- Nutri-Cal Nutritional Supplement
- Breeders Edge brand kitten replacement milk
- Royal Canin – Babycat (wet/dry)
- Zukes brand dog treats (Training Size)
- Bully Sticks
- Smooth Peanut Butter
- Paper towels (regular and industrial)
- Dawn Dish detergent
- Lint Rollers
- Plastic Watering cans
- Hand Sanitizer
- Kitchen Scales
- Large heating disc
- Triple antibiotic ointment or cream
- Gauze (3”x3” 4PLY)
- Latex Gloves (all sizes)
- Non-Latex Gloves (large)
- Digital Thermometers
- Batteries- AAA, AA, 9V
- New toothbrushes – Must be individually wrapped
- Blankets, comforters, towels, sheets
- Shower curtains (non-transparent)
- Stainless steel no-flip bowls (all sizes)
- Nylon Flat Buckle Collars (16 – 20 inches, no plastic clip)
- British slip leads (leash-type)
- Kitten nursing bottles
- Cat brushes
- Baby Wipes
- Medium and large plastic airline-type crates
- Aromatherapy diffuser
- Essential oils (lavender and chamomile)
- Kuranda dog beds: If you would like to allow one more homeless dog to sleep in comfort, please donate a bed at our special wholesale price
- Copy paper (white, blue, pink, yellow, purple, blue)
- Index card (3×5 white, pink, blue)
- Dry erase markers (fine point)
- Plastic clipboards
- Duct tape
- Moving Dollys
Monetary donations are always appreciated!