Adoption, Lost Pet Search, and Office Hours
Monday–Friday: 2pm to 6pm
Saturday & Sunday: 11am to 4pm
See Holiday Hours below
Surrendering a Pet: make an appointment
BARCS schedules appointments for animal surrender in an effort to better serve the public and public pets. This new program will not change BARCS’ status as Baltimore City’s only open-admission shelter, but is a benefit to pet owners in need of surrendering their animals. Surrender by appointment marks an end to long lines, long wait times and the crowded and chaotic over the counter process where animals are turned over to BARCS with little detailed information being exchanged. This new process will help determine the best option for both the pet and owner.
This program provides owners with new, convenient and extended appointment hours, high-quality service and the critical attention necessary to make the most informed decision about their pet’s future.
- To make an appointment, please call (410) 396-4695 or send an email to email@example.com
- BARCS accepts walk-ins for animals with a medical emergency or found stray animals, when an appointment is not an option for the finder. Our walk-in hours are M-F from 2 to 5 p.m. and weekends from 11 to 3 p.m.
- New Year's Eve- Open to the public 10am-3pm
- New Year’s Day- Closed
- Martin Luther King Day- Closed
- Easter- Closed
- Memorial Day- Closed
- Independence Day- Open to the public from 10am-3pm
- Labor Day- Closed
- Thanksgiving Day- Closed
- Christmas Eve- Open to the public from 10am-3pm
- Christmas Day- Closed