Baltimore Animal Welfare Alliance
The Baltimore Animal Welfare Alliance (BAWA) will work together, by supporting each other and sharing resources, to improve the well-being of animals in our community.
- We will focus on ending pet over-population.
- We will work together to save the lives of companion animals with the ultimate goal of creating a community where no healthy/treatable animal shall be euthanized due to the lack of a home.
- We will promote adoption, spay/neuter, education, and humane care.
- We shall foster mutual respect for all members and recognize that, while our members share our interest and passion for animal welfare, our methods may be different.
- We will all participate in achieving the mission of this alliance; realizing that our vision is shared by all members and is not the dream of only a few.
- We will use the principles of the Asilomar Accords as a guideline, where applicable, with an emphasis on using a standardized method of reporting our animal care data.
In order to better serve the animals and people of the Baltimore community, the 3 major animal welfare organizations in Baltimore; Baltimore Animal Rescue and Care Shelter, The Baltimore Humane Society, and The Maryland SPCA, came together to form the Baltimore Animal Welfare Alliance (BAWA). We work together to improve the well being of animals in our communities. Our joint efforts include activities such as adoption events, spaying and neutering, and transporting animals in need from one shelter to another so that fewer pets are euthanized in the Baltimore community